Do you know how to exit navigation on Google Maps? On the right bottom, you will see the option of “Exit”. Next, click on the exit button and you will come back to the home screen and will exit the navigation process. Sometimes, when you reach your location Google Maps does not exit or close the map automatically. Moreover, you have to close it manually.
Furthermore, in this trending article, we go through how to exit navigation, how to exit through voice command, how to mute Google Assistant, and how to enable voice command. Also, we look into how we share our locations on iPhones and track a person.
How to Exit Navigation Manually?
You can exit your navigation in these few easy steps.
- Open Google Maps.
- Enter your desired location in the search bar.
- You will see the Start option. Click on it.
- The map will start navigating.
- After, you reach your destination look at the right bottom.
- You will see the option of ‘Exit’.
- Click and you will exit the navigation.
How to Use Google Voice Command to Exit Navigation?
To use Google Voice Command there are two ways. Manually, you can click on the red mic button that appears on the right top. If you want to command it through voice here are a few easy steps.
- To activate the Google command say “Ok Google.”
- To deactivate the navigation command say “exit navigation” or “cancel navigation.”
- Also, to stop the voice assistant says “Mute Voice Guidance.” The map will continue to show you directions but the voice will be off.
How to Mute Voice Assistant Guidance on Google Maps?
When you start your navigation you will see three icons on the right side middle of the page. The first sign shows search and the second sign shows sound. Lastly, the third icon is a compass and locates your direction.
Click on the second icon that shows the sound. When you click on it. It will show you three options.
- Alerts Only
Select whichever choice you want as per your preference.
How has Google Maps Given Access to Location Tracking and GPS for Exit Navigation on iPhone?
To track your location on Google Maps they ask you for your permission to ‘allow’ for enabling your current location. Moreover, to make it more simple here are a few easy steps to allow Google Tracking.
- Open settings.
- Search Google Maps.
- Click on it and a menu appears.
- Select the ‘Location’ option.
- When you open there are four options.
- Ask next time or when I share
- While using the app
- Select as per your choice.
How to Share Your Location On iPhone?
You can share your location on iMessage, and contacts, through Google Maps. Just make sure your location services are On.
Also, in some iPhones, you have the option of toggle precise which means that it will give you a precise pinpoint location. If you want to turn on:
- Go in Settings
- Search Location
- Slide down and you will see the option of Precise Location.
- Turn it On or Off as per your choice.
How to Send Location Through iMessage?
If you are sending location to another iPhone user then you can also share it through iMessage.
- Open iMessage.
- A sliding bar will appear above the keypad.
- Slide to the left and select Google Maps.
- Now, you can share your location easily.
What Does the Blue Arrow Sign Mean That Appear on the Left Top While Using Google Maps?
The blue sign that appears on the left top after closing the app or on a locked screen means the navigation is still in process. Moreover, just click on that sign. It will take you to Google Maps. Click on the exit button and you will exit the navigation completely.
You may also like to read about How to Drop a Pin in Google Maps? Step-by-Step Guide.
I believe that now you know how to exit navigation. It is quite simple just press the exit button on the right bottom and you will easily exit the navigation. Also, there are different ways to exit navigation like through voice command. When you say Ok Google the voice command is turned on. Furthermore, you can set your preferences like muting the voice assistant, sharing your location, and enabling GPS whenever you are required.
For more information, visit SpadeMagazines.com.